You are here
Online Resources for Learning About Computers
This is also a good time to begin or upgrade your computer skills which are required in many jobs today. Don’t be overwhelmed, many of these tutorials are specific to new computer users. Also remember to search Google Videos or Youtube for computer skills videos.
Keyboarding and Learning the Mouse
- Technology Etiquette in Business (VideoJug)
- Computer Basics (Goodwill Community Foundation)
- Basic Computer Skills (Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium)
- Absolute Computer Basics (From the BBC)
- Basic Computer Skills 101 - From ehow:assumes ability to move around a computer screen. Includes topics such as Microsoft products, windows tools and computer maintenance.
- Internet Basics (Goodwill Community Foundation)
- Email Etiquette (VideoJug)
- PC Troubleshooting (Buffalo & Erie County Public Library)
From their site: You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of ctdlc.org so long as the link does not portray the CTDLC, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any CTDLC logo or other proprietary graphic as part of the link without express written permission.
Learning Microsoft Office and Other Programs
- Windows 7 (Goodwill Community Foundation)
- Windows Basics (98 & XP) (learningcomputer.com)
- Email (learningcomputer.com)
- Internet Explorer (learningcomputer.com)
- Web Publishing (learningcomputer.com)
Microsoft Office 2007
- Word 2007 (learningcomputer.com)
- Excel 2007 (learningcomputer.com)
- Powerpoint 2007 (learningcomputer.com)
- Access 2007 (learningcomputer.com)
- Publisher 2007 (Miscrosoft User's Guide)
Microsoft Office 2003
This site is funded through a grant from the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.